Portfolio three is 11 years old. The beneficiary contributed $5500 and the trustee $11,000 for a total of $16,500. The current value is $23,170 for a gain of 40% or 5.6% / year adjusted for the timing of cash flows. You can see the data here or at the link on the right.
We have a few stocks that we are considering selling now.
- ABB (ABB) – ABB is a European conglomerate with a new CEO that is well run. Down about 20% from 52 week high but too early to sell (just bought it last year)
- DowDuPont (DWDP) – this chemical company is performing well. We will likely sell it before it splits into 3 stocks in 2019
- Baidu (BIDU) – Baidu is a large internet company in China. It is down about 20% from 52 week high. Will probably keep
- Elbit Systems (ESLT) – Elbit is an Israeli defense contractor. They are doing well operationally but are down about 20% from a recent peak. Probably will hold on to it
- Wal-Mart (WMT) – Wal-Mart is well run but in the fight for its’ life against Amazon. May want to take our winnings and go. Stock recently rallied…
None of these are immediate sells but ones to consider.