Portfolio Three is almost 12 years old. The beneficiary contributed $6000 and the trusted $12,000 for a total of $18,000. The current value is $22,338 for a gain of $4,338 or 24%, which is 3.3% / year when adjusted for the timing of cash flows. See the details here or go to the links on the left.
We will look at selling Smart Global Holdings (SGH), Nvidia (NVDA) and Baidu (BIDU) prior to making our summer 2019 purchases.
As part of our investing round for the summer of 2019, we are looking at stocks to consider selling. The following stocks are on that list:
- Baidu (BIDU) – they recently had their first loss and are way down
- Baozun (BZUN) – stock performance far down, likely impacted by China / US trade disputes
- Electronic Arts (EA) – far down with recent low performing franchise entries and hit by rise of Fortnite and mobile gaming
- Gilead (GILD) – has not moved in years
- General Motors (GM) – at risk with China / US trade disputes, automotive is a cyclical industry
- Juniper (JNPR) – just kind of there, not growing, haven’t been taken over yet
- Nvidia (NVDA) – went from huge growth to little / no growth
- Smart Global Holdings (SGH) – missed earnings and hit hard
- Equinor (EQNR) – formerly Statoil. Not moving much in years
In general will look to consolidate down the total # of stocks in the portfolio and will want to re-buy from the 2019 purchase list (to come) which will also include some stocks already in the one of the 8 existing portfolios.