Portfolio Six is six years old. The beneficiary contributed $3500 and the trustee $7000 for a total of $10,500. The current value is $10,860 for a gain of $360 or 3%, which is about 1% / year over the life of the fund. For more details go here or to the link on the right.
We have several stocks on watch:
- Electronic Arts (EA) – this stock is at about 53% of its 52 week high, as the whole games market has been hit hard lately even though the fundamentals (revenue) aren’t that much different, possibly due to Fortnight and the potential impact of streaming. Will watch, may sell
- Baozun (BZUN) – a Chinese e-commerce enablement fun has gone down recently tied to a slow down in growth for China overall. On watch
- Nvidia (NVDA) – another former high flyer, this chip maker was buoyed by crypto mining and is down about 50% off its 52 week high, although it still has strong cash flow. Will watch, may sell
Portfolio 6 is six years old. The beneficiary contributed $3000 and the trustee $6000 for a total of $9000. The current value is $11,172 for a gain of $2,172 or a gain of 24%, which is 6.2% / year over the life of the account. To see details go here or to the link on the right.
There are a few stocks on watch right now:
- Baozun (BZUN)- the Chinese ecommerce company is down with the overall Chinese market, about 20% off its high. Has still done well this year overall
- Elbit Systems (ESLT) – the Israeli defense contractor that recently bought the maker of Uzi is down about 20% recently as well.
- Baidu (BIDU) – the Chinese internet company is also down about 20% with the Chinese market recently
Portfolio Six is 5 1/2 years old. The beneficiary contributed $3000 and the trustee $6000 for a total of $9000. The current value is $10,716 for a gain of $1716 or 19%, which is 5% / year across the life of the portfolio. Go here to see detail, or use the link on the right.
We had $157 in dividends and a sale of TTM for a long term gain of $35. The portfolio has bounced back from February market activity and is doing OK.
Portfolio six is 5 years old. The beneficiary contributed $2500 and the trustee $5000 for a total of $7500. Current value is $8023 for a gain of $523 or 7%, which is 2% / year. You can see the details at the link on the right or go here.
We have new analytics on these spreadsheets. We also centrally track items like “yield” and the current description / status so we only need to updated it one time.
- Tata Motors (TTM) – Indian auto company which owns Range Rover. Sell
- ConocoPhillips (COP) – US oil and gas producer hit hard by oil crisis, but up from lows with decent dividend. Likely sell
- Exxon Mobil (XOM) – large, well run integrated oil and gas company. A political football. May want to sell
- Gilead (GILD) – Drugmaker. Keep for now, up from lows
Portfolio 6 is 4 1/2 years old. The beneficiary has contributed $2500 and the trustee $5000 for a total of $7500. The current value of the portfolio is $7806 for a gain of $306 which is about 4% or 1% / year over the life of the fund. You can see a PDF of the details here or on the link to the right.
The portfolio is generally doing well. The stock mix is 55% US stocks and the largest exposure area is oil, at 27% of the total. High dividend stocks (3% yield or greater) make up 44% of the portfolio. We sold off Coca Cola Femsa (KOF) recently. The oil sector has generally been hit by the decline in oil prices per barrel but they have come up significantly from their lows.
Portfolio six has been around for about 4 1/2 years, with the beneficiary depositing $2500 and the trustee $5000, for a total of $7500. The current value is $7917 for a gain of $417, or about 6% or 1.8% / year when adjusted for the timing of cash flows. You can see the detail at the link on the right or download the spreadsheet here.
During the year we had about $136 in dividends for a yield of about 1.7%. We had one sale, of Coca Cola FEMSA with a long term capital loss of ($321). Our sales still look relatively good in hindsight. For the portfolio as a whole, it has mostly recovered from the fall in oil prices.
Portfolio Six has a value of $7,758. The beneficiary contributed $2500 and the trustee $5000 for a total of $7500.
The portfolio has mostly recovered from the fall in oil prices.