Portfolio Three is 11 years old. The beneficiary contributed $6000 and the trusted $12,000 for a total of $18,000. The current value is $21,710 for a gain of $3,710 or 21%, which is 2.9% / year when adjusted for the timing of cash flows. See the details here or go to the links on the left.
There are a few stocks we are looking at in the current market environment:
- Nvidia (NVDA) – another former high flyer, this chip maker was buoyed by crypto mining and is down about 50% off its 52 week high, although it still has strong cash flow. Will watch, may sell
- Alibaba (BABA) – at about 70% of its 52 week peak, has been hit by slow down in China and also a possible previous over-valuation in software stocks
- Facebook (FB) – it has been a bad year for Facebook and the stock is down about 30% off its highs. Still strong financial performance, will watch
- Baidu (BIDU) – another Chinese internet company down about 30% off its peak. Will watch like Alibaba, above
- ABB (ABB) – European industrial conglomerate which has fallen about 20% since we’ve bought it